If you are morbidly obese, then your physician would suggest you go under the knife and get rid of the excess weight from your body. Many reputed clinics offer gastric bypass Dubai at affordable prices. This is considered as the best way to lose weight if other techniques like improved lifestyle changes, dietary changes, and exercises fail to achieve weight loss goals.
Unlike normal people, those who come under the category of morbidly obese individuals are more likely to suffer from health issues like heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis. All of these impact their life quality as well as minimize the life span.
In this article, we shall be discussing some of the pros and cons of gastric bypass surgery
Pros of gastric bypas
Let us take a look at some of the benefits of gastric bypass surgery below:
- You may lose an impressive amount of weight after the surgery. Thus after the surgery, there is a reduction in the risk of obesity-associated diseases such as hypertension and heart disease. Plus nearly 40% of the death risks are minimized after the gastric bypass surgery.
- Type 2 diabetes is often associated with obesity. However, a gastric bypass helps in a fast weight loss and reduces the risk of getting this disease.
- A reduction in the risk of hyperlipidemia (high blood cholesterol and triglycerides) and venous thromboembolic is noticed after the surgery.
- Gastric bypass surgery resolves complications like obstructive sleep apnea and disrupted sleep as well as symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD), by shedding off the excessive weight from your body.
- Various other issues linked with excess body weight like lower back pain, knee damage and joint pain also improve.
- A greater overall weight loss is noticed in gastric bypass as compared with other bariatric surgeries because of the strict dietary restrictions in this procedure.
- This surgery is associated with faster initial weight loss.
Cons of gastric bypass
There are certain disadvantages of gastric bypass surgery. These include:
- There is a permanent alteration in your anatomy.
- It will restrict your dietary choices for the rest of your life.
- If you eat sugary foods then it may cause dumping syndrome. Calories and fat also cause discomfort and problems like nausea and vomiting, and overall weakness.