Cable tray manufacturers in UAE opine that in order to be useful, wiring systems need to have efficient distribution systems. For ages, conduits have been the best way to manage wiring distribution in huge plants. However, the emergence of cable trays has brought out a new revolution in the industrial sector.
There are three types of steel conduit –
1. Rigid metal conduit (RMC): It is known for its thickest walls which makes it the heaviest steel conduit. RMC can be used outdoors, indoors, underground, and in concealed applications.
2. Intermediate metal conduit (IMC): It has thinner walls and weighs much less than RMC. IMC can be employed for the same applications as RMC.
3. Electrical metallic tubing (EMT): This is the lightest conduit of all. It is easy to reuse, alter, or redirect.
The primary benefit of these systems is the capability to ground and bond. Both grounding and bonding have a significant role in reducing electromagnetic interference (EMI). It has been proven that steel conduit minimizes electromagnetic fields by 95%, thus, they effectively protect computers and other sensitive electronic equipment from EMI caused by the power distribution systems. Other benefits of conduit include:
- Competitive life-cycle costs
- Compatible with concrete
- High tensile strength.
There are several different types of cable trays. The most common types include –
1. Cable ladders: These are considered to be the popular type of cable trays. These trays are ideal for cables that are installed vertically.
2. Snake cable trays: These are highly flexible as they are bendable according to the location requirements.
3. Wire basket trays: These are very common for cable routing and management. These cable trays offer sturdy support for the wires.
The main benefit of using cable trays is their fire resistance. The come with a fire-resistant coating on the top and this makes them fire resistant and saves the environment from fire and short-circuits. Other benefits include –
- Cost effective
- High tensile strength
- Corrosion resistant
- Adapt to the environment
- Easy to install and remove
Considering the many advantages, cable tray manufacturers in UAE recommend cable trays over conduit.