A residence visa is necessary for everyone who lives in Dubai or any of the Emirates. It should be renewed as soon as it expires so that you do not have to pay any penalty. Although you get a grace period of 30 days once the residence visa expires, it is advised that you must get it renewed quite in advance. For renewing a residence visa, you require the same documents that you needed when applied for the residency visa for the very first time. However, a new health check is carried out for the renewal process, plus the fee will also be the same. In this article, we shall be taking a look at the process of child visa renewal Dubai.
The procedure of renewal of residence visa for your child
The residency visa for your child will generally be valid for two years. You must always start the application process for renewing the visa before the old visa expires. The process is quite similar to that when you apply for a fresh new visa. The renewal application must be duly filled and all the required documents should be submitted along with that.
The documents required for renewing the child visa
- Copy and original passports of the child. Make sure the passport is valid.
- A valid copy as well as your original passport with the visa page.
- Your original Labor Card or ID (if you are a staff member of government/semi-government or Free Zone)
- Your child’s recent photograph (passport size with white background)
- Your original labor contract (if you work for a private company), or your salary certificate in Arabic, if you work for government/semi-government or Free Zone company.
- Your child’s original medical test report from an authorized medical center. This is applicable if your child is above 15 years.
- A copy of health insurance card, and that of Emirates ID Card.
- Your tenancy contract (accommodation rental agreement), which should be attested through Ejari online system of Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA).
If you are applying for child visa renewal Dubai for your daughter above 18 years, then you are also required to submit a letter in Arabic confirming that she is not married with your signature. It should also be noted that if your child remains out of UAE for 6 months or more then to his/her residence visa will become invalid